Maple Bacon Muffin (Paleo/Low Carb/Gluten Free)
A low carb offering for our "macro minded" friends. This muffin is sweetened with lucuma (fruit based sweetener popular in S. America) and stevia. These is a blend of almond flour, a touch of cassava flour and pork panko mixed up with lots of other “real food” forward ingredients coming in at around less than 5 total net carbs per muffin if you make 12 smaller muffins or a little over 5 if you only make 10. And that crunchy topping, be sure to save that muffin top for last!!
- 1.25 cups Blanched Almond Flour
- .75 cup Pork Panko
- 3 Tbsp Cassava Flour
- 1 Tbsp Lucuma Powder, optional
- 1 tsp Legit Paleo Baking Powder
- .5 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 cup Bacon, 9-12 strips, cooked, roughly chopped
- 1 cup Almond Milk, or milk of choice, room temperature
- 4 whole Eggs, room temperature
- .25 cup Salted Butter, melted & slightly cooled, can sub ghee
- .75 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Maple Liquid Stevia Extract, maple flavored for optimal maple flavor
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 385° and line muffin tin with parchment liners.
- Prepare topping, by combining all ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, pork panko, cassava flour, lucuma powder, baking powder and salt. Whisk to combine well then toss in bacon. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, add raw milk, eggs, butter, vanilla and stevia. Whisk until eggs are completely incorporated. Pour into dry ingredients and mix together well with a rubber spatula and let batter set for about one minute.
- Fill prepared muffin tins and distribute topping evenly among them. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the center springs back when gently touched.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 3 minutes in tin and then remove to a rack to finish cooling.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week