Lemon Chia Seed Mini Muffins
Lemon chia seed muffins are sweet and moist with a little bit of crunchy texture from the chia seeds. If you love the crisp, refreshing taste of lemons, you’ll love this recipe! I especially love that they’re a great way to get your kids to eat chia seeds! Chia seeds contain omega 3 fatty acids, fiber, calcium, zinc and many other nutrients. I’m sure your little ones will love these bite-sized lemon chia seed muffins!
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1/2 cup Granulated White Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tbsp Avocado Oil, (or oil of choice)
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Lemon, zested
- 1 tsp Lemon Extract
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Milk
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Spray mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all wet ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir gently to combine. Be careful not to overmix.
- Fill muffin tin with mixture. You can fill up to the rim. Sprinkle each muffin with the turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Be sure not to over bake so your muffins don't dry out.
- Prepare the icing by combining powdered sugar and lemon juice. Stir until smooth.
- Once baked, transfer muffins to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely before drizzling with icing.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Fellow foodies also viewed
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week