Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
These sound incredible as muffins alone, but when you can top with them with a high protein chocolate frosting why wouldn't you?!
The muffins aren't overly sweet (which makes me steer away from the term cupcake), but with the homemade icing on top it's just the right touch of sweet!
They're gluten & dairy free, with no refined sugar!
- .5 cup Pumpkin Purée
- .25 cup Almond Butter
- 1 whole Egg
- .5 Tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- .75 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 2 Tbsp Blanched Almond Flour
- .5 tsp Baking Soda
- .25 tsp Sea Salt
- .25 cup Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips
Chocolate Protein Icing
- Mix wet ingredients together, then stir in the dry. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into 6 muffin liners. If making just muffins top with a few more mini chocolate chips
- Bake at 350 for 18-19min
- Allow to cool on a baking rack
- Make icing by whipping everything together in a bowl using a hand or stand mixer
- Once completely cool (you can place in the fridge to speed this up), top with icing and more chocolate chips!
Search "chocolate protein frosting" for full frosting recipe If you enjoy the pumpkin spice flavor feel free to add 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice to dry ingredients
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week