Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a small bowl, prepare one flax egg and set aside (1 tbsp flax + 3 tbsp hot water).
- In a medium-sized bowl using a hand mixer, blend the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth and well combined.
- Add in flax egg, vanilla, salt and baking soda and mix again with a hand mixer to combine.
- Add in flour and mix with your hand mixer or spatula until flour is thoroughly mixed into the dough. Once combined, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Leave cookie dough in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap or a lid and let chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours. This step should definitely not be skipped!
- Once your cookies have chilled, line a baking tray with parchment paper and use a cookie scooper to place cookies on the tray, about 2 inches apart from each other.
- Top with a few more chocolate chips and place in the oven for 9-10 minutes, or until edges begin to brown slightly (my oven is strong, so 9 minutes is the optimal time for me).
- Once they are done cooking, remove from the oven and let cool in the tray for about 2-3 minutes. Cookies will look slightly raw but still need to set!
- Once cookies have set, let cool for another 10 minutes, then lightly sprinkle with flaky salt. Once cookies are not too hot, transfer to an airtight container or enjoy right away!
How to store: Place cookies in an airtight container and place on the counter in room temperature for one week. You can also store your cookies in the fridge for up to one week, just remember to reheat them in the microwave for about 10 seconds for optimal enjoyment! // How to freeze: Place cookies in an airtight container and place in the freezer for up to one month.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Fellow foodies also viewed
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week