Ensalada de Papa (Puerto Rican Potato Salad)
- 2 lb Yukon Gold Potatoes, peeled and diced into 1 inch cubes
- 2 whole Carrots, sliced
- 2 whole Eggs, chopped
- 1 whole Gala Apple, diced
- 1 cup Corn, optional
- 1 cup Green Peas, optional
Cook the ingredients
- Put the potatoes, carrots and eggs in a large pot; cover with cold water and season with 1 teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil. Remove the eggs after 12 minutes. Continue to cook potatoes and carrots until tender. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, peel eggs, chop and set aside.
- Peel and dice apple. Set aside.
- Dice red onion. Set aside.
- To a large mixing bowl add mayonnaise, oil, vinegar, red onion, Italian dressing mix (Italian Seasoning) and whisk to combine.
Make the potato salad
- Add the potatoes, carrots, eggs, apples, peas and corn (if using) to the mixing bowl and mix to combine.
I prefer Yukon gold potatoes because they hold up better than Russet potatoes. Also, I believe they remain tasty the next day whereas Russet potatoes sometimes develop a weird aftertaste the next day. Do you know that weird taste leftover potatoes sometimes have the next day? If you do, comment below. Let’s talk about it!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week