Gluten Free Apple Fritter Cake
- 3 Tbsp3 Tbsp 3 TbspOrganic Coconut Oil
- 2 cups2 cups 2 cupsGranny Smith Apple, peeled and diced (about 2 medium apples)
- 1/3 cup1/3 cup 1/3 cupCoconut Sugar
- 1 tsp1 tsp 1 tspground Cinnamon
Apple Fritter Cake
- 1.25 cups1.25 cups 1.25 cupsBeth Blends Grain Free Flour Blend (8 oz bag)
- 1/2 tsp1/2 tsp 1/2 tspSalt
- 1/2 tsp1/2 tsp 1/2 tspground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp1/4 tsp 1/4 tspground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp1/4 tsp 1/4 tspground Cloves
- 1/4 cup1/4 cup 1/4 cupCoconut Sugar
- 1/4 cup1/4 cup 1/4 cupOrganic Coconut Oil, softened or melted
- 1/4 cup1/4 cup 1/4 cupunsweetened Applesauce
- 1 tsp1 tsp 1 tspVanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup1/4 cup 1/4 cupCoconut Milk
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- To make the cinnamon apples, place an 8″ cast iron or oven-safe skillet over medium heat and add the coconut oil. Once the coconut oil is hot, add the apple, coconut sugar and cinnamon then stir to combine. Continue to heat until the apples start to become tender, and their juices produce a syrup-like coating, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- To make the batter, in a medium bowl, add the flour, salt, spices, and sugar. Stir to combine.
- Next add the wet ingredients. Stir to combine.
- To assemble the cake, remove 1/4 cup of the apples taking care to include some of the syrup. Then pour the cooked apples into the bowl and fold to combine the two until they are evenly distributed. Spoon the reserved 1/2 cup of apples on top in a random placement.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean with a few moist crumbs.
- While the cake cools, make the icing. Combine all the icing ingredients into a small bowl and stir. If lumpy, place the bowl into a microwave for 15 seconds. Once the cake has cooled, pour the icing over the cake then serve.
Need an oven proof 8” skillet. // Can bake in a loaf pan or 8” cake pan. // Granny Smith apples are preferred for this recipe. However, any apple would be good substitute.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week