Spinach and Artichoke Quiche
When my aunt hosts a family brunch, quiche is always on her menu. It’s a menu item that can serve a lot of people, is beautiful to present to guests, and of course is delicious. This grain-free and dairy-free quiche is perfect for those who want to serve something elegant and tasty for their brunch menu, or for those who just want to make a typical Sunday breakfast feel a little more special.
- This recipe is from Make It Paleo 2
- 11 1Paleo Quiche Crust (click for recipe)
- 1 Tbsp1 Tbsp 1 TbspGhee
- 11 1Shallot, diced
- 6 oz6 oz 6 ozArtichoke Hearts
- 1 cup1 cup 1 cupWhite Mushrooms
- 1 tsp1 tsp 1 tspGarlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp1/2 tsp 1/2 tspdried Thyme
- pinch pinch pinchHimalayan Pink Salt
- pinch pinch pinchBlack Pepper
- 1 cup1 cup 1 cupBaby Spinach, loosely packed cup
- 66 6Eggs
- 1/4 cup1/4 cup 1/4 cupCoconut Cream
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Prepare the Quiche Crust and set aside while you make the filling.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat the ghee in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add the shallot and sauté until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the artichoke hearts, mushrooms, garlic powder, thyme, and a pinch each of salt and pepper.
- Sauté until the artichokes start to brown slightly and the mushrooms start to soften. Add the baby spinach to the skillet and continue to sauté until the spinach starts to wilt slightly, about 30 seconds. Add more salt and pepper to taste, if needed. Remove the vegetable filling from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Whisk the eggs in a large mixing bowl until frothy. Add the coconut cream and whisk again until the cream is evenly combined with the eggs. Pour the cooled vegetables into the egg mixture, and stir to combine. Pour the filling into the prepared crust, and bake for 30–35 minutes, unitl the eggs are set.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week