AIP Chicken Tikka Masala
This recipe is a great example of how you do not need a ton of ingredients and spices and a ton of time to make a delicious Indian curry! Do try this recipe and let me know below in the comments how you liked it!
- 1.5 lb1.5 lb 1.5 lbboneless skinless Chicken Thigh
- 4 cloves4 cloves 4 clovesGarlic
- 1 pieces1 pieces 1 piecesGinger Root, (2 inches by 1 inch)
- 11 1Shallot, small, or 1/2 small red onion
- 1 tsp1 tsp 1 tspTurmeric Powder
- 1 tsp1 tsp 1 tspSea Salt
- 11 1Lemon, fresh
- 1 Tbsp1 Tbsp 1 TbspExtra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp3 Tbsp 3 TbspOrganic Coconut Oil, oil (1 tbsp for baking and 2 tbsp for cooking the curry)
- 1 tsp1 tsp 1 tspground Cinnamon
- .5 tsp.5 tsp .5 tspMace, ground
- .5 tsp.5 tsp .5 tspground Cloves
- can 13.5 ozcan 13.5 oz
- Sea Salt, Additional .25 tsp or as needed
- Red Onion, thinly sliced for garnish (optional)
- Cilantro, fresh, for garnish (optional)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Cut the chicken thighs into small pieces (about 1.5 inch?by 1 inch). Keep aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 450 deg F.
- Peel the garlic cloves, the ginger and the shallot (or onion). Squeeze the lemon juice from the lemon.
- In a food processor, add the garlic, ginger, shallot (or onion), turmeric, sea salt, the lemon juice and the extra virgin olive oil. Grind to a paste.
- Take 2 tablespoons of this paste (leave the rest of the paste in the food processor) and add it to the chicken pieces and mix well using your hands to coat the pieces well.
- Take a large baking tray and line it with Al foil. Brush the foil with 1 tbsp of the coconut oil. Place the chicken pieces onto the tray and bake at 450 Deg F for 10 mins. Then flip the pieces and again bake for another 5 mins. Remove from oven and keep tray aside covered with foil.
- While the chicken is baking (above step), heat a large frying pan. Add the rest of the coconut oil to the pan. Transfer the remaining marinade paste to the hot pan (you can add a tablespoon of water to get all the paste out of the food processor) and turn heat to medium. Cook for 1 minute and then add the ground cinnamon, ground cloves and ground mace and the coconut milk and stir again. Let the mixture come to a simmer and turn heat to low. Check for salt and add more salt if needed. Turn heat off.
- Finally when the chicken pieces are done cooking (in the oven), add them into the sauce and gently simmer for another two minutes just before serving. Turn heat off and garnish with thinly sliced onions and cilantro leaves (if using).
- Serve the chicken tikka masala warm with cauliflower pilaf or with cassava tortilla/rotis.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.