Fudgy Sweet Potato Brownies (Paleo, AIP, Vegan)
A delicious and decadent brownie that is chocolatey and fudgy that can end all your cravings! And what's more - you can enjoy these guilt-free!
- 1 cup1 cup 1 cupSweet Potato, mashed (boiled and mashed)
- 1 cup1 cup 1 cupshredded Coconut, (for coconut free and non AIP version, use any chopped nuts)
- 1 tsp1 tsp 1 tspPure Vanilla Extract
- .25 cup.25 cup .25 cupCassava Flour, + 2 tbsp
- .25 cup.25 cup .25 cupPure Maple Syrup
- .25 cup.25 cup .25 cupCarob Powder, + 2 Tbsp (or cocoa powder for non AIP)
- 1.5 tsp1.5 tsp 1.5 tspBaking Soda
- .25 tsp.25 tsp .25 tspSea Salt
- .25 cup.25 cup .25 cupOrganic Coconut Oil, melted (or olive oil)
- .25 cup.25 cup .25 cupWater, warm
- .25 cup.25 cup .25 cupCarob Powder, (or cocoa powder for non AIP)
- 3 Tbsp3 Tbsp 3 TbspOrganic Coconut Oil
- pinch pinch pinchSalt
- 1 Tbsp1 Tbsp 1 TbspRaw Honey
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Pre-heat oven to 325 F. Line a square brownie pan with parchment paper.
- Add the mashed sweet potato and the shredded coconut to a blender and blend for 1 minute until the coconut shreds are very tiny. Then add all the rest of the ingredients and blend again for a minute or so until well blended. The batter will be quite thick which is ok.
- Dump the batter onto the brownie pan and spread using a spatula evenly. Place in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center turns out clean. The brownie might look too soft but that is ok as it will harden upon cooling. Take the pan out of the oven and let cool for 15 mins before frosting.
- Add all the ingredients for frosting in a small sauce pan and heat on low heat for 4-5 mins stirring frequently until you get a runny chocolate sauce. Turn heat off and pour this sauce on top of the brownies. Spread evenly using a spatula and place the pan in the refrigerator for 1 hour for the frosting to set.
- After the frosting has set, cut the brownies into 16 one inch squares and serve. You can keep the brownies at room temperature (below 70 F) for a couple days or store in the refrigerator if you are storing for longer time.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Fellow foodies also viewed
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.