Asian Coleslaw Salad – Crunchy & Easy!
This Whole30 and paleo Asian coleslaw is a delicious and refreshing side dish to any meal that’s packed with all the healthy veggies. You'll love the crunchy addition of toasted cashews as well!
- 1 cup1 cup 1 cupRaw Cashews
- 1 head1 head 1 headCabbage
- 1 whole1 whole 1 wholeRed Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 whole1 whole 1 wholeCarrots, shredded or grated
- 1 whole1 whole 1 wholeOnion, small, thinly sliced
- 2 pieces2 pieces 2 piecesGreen Onion (Scallion)
- 1 Tbsp1 Tbsp 1 TbspSesame Seeds
- 1 pinch1 pinch 1 pinchSea Salt, to taste
- 2 clove2 clove 2 cloveGarlic, minced
- 1 pieces1 pieces 1 piecesGinger Root, about 1/2 inch, minced
- 0.25 cup0.25 cup 0.25 cupRice Vinegar, or apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp3 Tbsp 3 TbspExtra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp1 Tbsp 1 TbspToasted Sesame Oil
- 2 Tbsp2 Tbsp 2 TbspCoconut Aminos
- 1 Tbsp1 Tbsp 1 TbspFish Sauce
- 0.25 tsp0.25 tsp 0.25 tspGround Fresh Black Peppercorns
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the cashews to the skillet and toast stirring for 2-3 minutes until they are golden brown and fragrant.
- Remove from heat and let the cashews cool, then chop roughly into smaller pieces.
- Quarter the cabbage. Remove the core and thinly slice each quarter crosswise.
- Combine cabbage, bell pepper, carrot, onion, green onions, and cashews in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing.
- Pour over the vegetables and mix together well until everything is coated in the dressing. Make sure to squeeze the cabbage a bit to wilt while mixing.
- Taste and add salt, if needed.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds right before serving.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week