Gluten Free Lasagne
Lasagne is a classic family favorite when you are looking for a comforting meal to feed the whole family. Using oven ready gluten free noodles means this much loved meal can be enjoyed by those who cannot eat regular noodles. A simple substitute that wont sacrifice flavor or texture!
- 1/2 whole1/2 whole 1/2 wholeVidalia Onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves2 cloves 2 clovesGarlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp1 Tbsp 1 TbspExtra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 lb2 lb 2 lbGround Beef
- 6 oz6 oz 6 ozTomato Paste
- 28 oz28 oz 28 ozCrushed Tomatoes
- 32 oz32 oz 32 ozRao's Tomato Basil Sauce
- 16 oz16 oz 16 ozRicotta
- 1 whole1 whole 1 wholeEgg
- 1/4 cup1/4 cup 1/4 cupFlat Leaf Parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp1 Tbsp 1 TbspPrimal Palate Amore
- 2 cups2 cups 2 cupsMozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup3/4 cup 3/4 cupParmesan Cheese, grated
- 12 pieces12 pieces 12 piecesOven-ready Lasagne (gluten-free)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a large sauce pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pot, and saute for about 5 minutes, or until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the ground beef to the pot, and brown turning the heat up to medium-high. Once the ground beef is fully browned, drain the liquid from the pot.
- Add the tomato paste to the pot, and stir to combine with the beef.
- Add in the crushed tomatoes, and Rao's Tomato Basil Sauce to the pot, and stir to combine with the beef.
- Turn the heat down to medium low, and allow the sauce to cook while you prepare the other ingredients.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the ricotta, egg, fresh parsley, and Amore Italian Seasoning.
- Grate the Parmesan cheese and set aside.
- In a 9x12 baking pan, pour roughly a third of the meat sauce (about 2.5-3 cups) into the bottom of the pan, and spread into an even layer.
- Place 6 sheets of pasta, lengthwise in an even layer over the meat sauce.
- Top the pasta with half of the ricotta mixture, and smooth out into an even layer.
- Sprinkle a third of the shredded mozzarella over the ricotta.
- Top with a 2.5-3 cups of the meat sauce, and spread into an even layer over the ricotta and mozzarella layer.
- Sprinkle half of the parmesan cheese over the meat, and top with another layer of the lasagne noodles.
- Spread the remaining ricotta over the lasagne noodles, and sprinkle with another third of the mozzarella.
- Spread the remaining 2.5-3 cups of meat sauce over the ricotta mixture, and top with an even layer of the remaining mozzarella cheese and the remaining parmesan.
- Cover the top of the pan with foil, being sure it doesn't touch the cheese on the top of the lasagne.
- Bake covered for 25 minutes at 375, then remove the foil, and bake for a remaining 25 minutes uncovered.
- Serve and enjoy.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week