Hayley’s Chicken Noodle Soup
Of all the soups in the world, this is the one we come back to time after time. I think we've made this recipe over 100 times in the last 10 years, and it's the most comforting, nourishing one. So we thought it would be the perfect time to share it with you.
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Normally we will start this recipe by making our own chicken stock from scratch (4 quarts of water, 2 rotisserie chicken carcasses - in the instant pot on the manual setting for 70 minutes).
- To a large soup pot, add the 4 quarts of chicken stock and bring to a low boil.
- Add the chicken thighs to the hot chicken stock.
- While the chicken thighs are cooking, combine the ground beef and adobo seasoning in a medium mixing bowl. Mix the spices until evenly combined with the beef. Form into 3/4" meatballs and drop into the soup at a low boil.
- Chop the carrots and celery and add to the soup.
- Add the chopped escarole to the soup, reduce the heat to low, and simmer while the rice noodles are cooking.
- Start a separate pot of water to high heat and bring to a boil. Cook the rice noodles according to the instructions on the package.
- The soup will be done with the chicken is soft and able to be shredded with a fork.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper as needed. Serve the soup with a scoop of rice noodles. We usually keep the rice noodles separate so that they can be saved for leftovers.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week