Healthier Puppy Chow
Puppy Chow, also known as Muddy Buddies, is such an addicting and delicious treat to have on hand! What could be better than the combination of peanut butter, chocolate, and crunchy, salty cereal. And if you thought it couldn't get dreamier; it all gets topped off with a generous amount of powdered sugar. For a lower sugar option, you can use monk-fruit powdered sugar like the one linked here from Lakanto.
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Melt the coconut oil, peanut butter, chocolate and vanilla extract in a saucepan on the lowest heat and stir often until combined. Monitor this step closely to ensure the chocolate mix doesn't burn.
- Put the cereal in a mixing bowl and top with the chocolate mix. Make sure everything is covered with the chocolate and spread onto a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Let the chocolate coated cereal cool in the fridge for around 10 minutes.
- Take it out, cover with 1/4 cup of the powdered sugar, and put the sheet in the fridge for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove and put the cereal back in the mixing bowl, cover with the remaining 1/4 of the powdered sugar, mix until everything is coated evenly and devour.
You can store this at room temperature in a tupperware! // This recipe was made by our friend Cori Finglass from the account @matcha_and_margs.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week