Low Carb Shrimp Bacon & Spinach Breakfast Casserole
This yummy breakfast casserole is perfect for a weekend brunch and great for the whole family! I love how flavorful it is and the shrimp are the perfect addition to make it extra fancy!
- Bacon Grease, Avocado oil for baking dish, can also use leftover from cooking bacon
- 8 oz8 oz 8 ozBacon, (225g)
- 22 2Shallot, diced
- 10 oz10 oz 10 ozBaby Bella Mushrooms, finely chopped (280 G)
- 44 4Garlic, large cloves or pressed, minced
- 8 cups8 cups 8 cupsSpinach, (8oz/225g)
- 1212 12Eggs
- 1 tsp1 tsp 1 tspSea Salt
- .25 tsp.25 tsp .25 tspBlack Pepper, freshly ground
- .125 tsp.125 tsp .125 tspCayenne Pepper
- 1 lb1 lb 1 lbRaw Shrimp, peeled (450 g)
- 3 oz3 oz 3 ozSharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded, sub Treeline Aged Nut Cheese for paleo & Whole30 (85g)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC)
- Prepare baking dish by greasing a 9x13" glass dish with avocado oil.
- Cook bacon over medium-low heat in a large skillet until well browned, but not burnt. Remove bacon to paper towels and pour off bacon grease, leaving about 2 tsp in the pan to cook with in the next step.
- Sauté shallots in reserved bacon fat over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add mushrooms and allow to them to cook down for about 5 minutes or until all of the water has evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place mushroom mixture in baking dish and evenly distribute across the bottom.
- Cook spinach. Add spinach to the skillet and cook over medium heat for about 2 minutes or until wilted.
- Add spinach to baking dish. Squeeze out any water, drain it off, then add spinach to the baking dish, evenly distributing it across the bottom.
- Season eggs and whisk. Crack eggs into a large bowl, add salt, pepper, and cayenne, then whisk it all together.
- Pour eggs over vegetables in baking dish.
- Top with shrimp, crumbled bacon, and cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the edges begin to brown slightly and the center is set. Mine is always done right at 35 minutes.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week