Paleo Chocolate Mint Mallow Pie
This lucsious pie of minty fresh chocolate is drool worthy and quite the centerpiece for any holiday dessert table. All this deliciousness nestled inside our blog favorite PALEO PIE CRUST or our PIE CRUST MIX! When we learned about Sweet Apricity marshmallows we were immediately smitten. Pairing them with decadent chocolate and boom, this chocolate mint-mallow pie was born. This filing is luscious and oh so very rich, so it won’t take too much to satisfy that chocolate craving. If you want it to be a bit milder, use the full amount of eight tablespoons of almond milk instead of six. Still chocolatey…still delish! This pie is also a time saver for the big day! You can make it a couple days ahead and store in the refrigerator. On the big day all you have to do is dollop your favorite whipped cream up on top. If you feel fancy, add some chocolate shavings or a dusting of cocoa powder. Dessert is ready! Using the delicious marshmallows from Sweet Apricity makes these tarts delightful! All of their products are paleo friendly and beyond delicious.
- 1 whole1 whole 1 wholePaleo/GF Pie Crust (click for recipe), pre-baked, or our original Paleo Pie Crust
- 40 whole40 whole 40 wholeSea Salt Caramels (Sweet Apricity)
- 6 Tbsp6 Tbsp 6 TbspAlmond Milk, 6-8 Tbsp
- 8 oz8 oz 8 ozDark Chocolate Chips, roughly chopped
- .25 tsp.25 tsp .25 tspSea Salt
- 12 pinch12 pinch 12 pinchPeppermint Essential Oil, 12-16 drops
- 2 cups2 cups 2 cupsCocowhip
- .25 cup.25 cup .25 cupCocowhip, (optional)
- .25 cup.25 cup .25 cupDark Chocolate, shaved (optional)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Add marshmallows, almond milk and chocolate to a medium saucepan. Melt slowly over medium low heat, stirring constantly to fully incorporate. Do not let it burn.
- Remove from the heat and pour into a heat resistant bowl to cool, typically about 30 minutes. When cooled, fold in the whipped cream and stir until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Pour into the prepared pie crust and place in the refrigerator to set up. To serve, top with additional whipped cream and chocolate shavings (if using). Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- *If you like a very rich and thick pie, use 6 tablespoons of almond milk. If you would like a less dense pie, use the full 8 tablespoons (½ cup) of the almond milk.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week