Chocolate Pecan Slab Pie
A paleo CHOCOLATE PECAN SLAB PIE – what is this new way to “Pie” you may be asking? Or is that just me…haha? Ok, so maybe you’ve seen this fun way to Pie, but it was a must to try out with our PIE CRUST RECIPE or you can also use our PIE CRUST MIX! One recipe of our pie crust fits perfectly in our 12” x 9” (a ¼ size baking sheet) – giving you just enough for even coverage on the bottom and up the sides and a little edge. Depending on the size of your pan, you may need a bit more or less. If you want a little extra dough, make a double batch of the pie crust recipe (or follow the instructions on the bag for two) and use about ¼ of that to complete the crust. This pecan slab pie may just become your new favorite way to enjoy pecan pie! The chocolate here is optional of course, but it might be a new flavor combo you never knew you would enjoy so much. If you’re hesitant, maybe try a smaller amount of chocolate the first time and see how it goes. This pie is best made a couple days ahead, so it’s perfect to check off your list before the big day. How awesome is that!
- 1 whole1 whole 1 wholePaleo/GF Pie Crust (click for recipe)
- 1 whole1 whole 1 wholeEgg, + 1 tbsp water for optional egg wash
- 3 cups3 cups 3 cupsPecans, raw & divided
- 1.125 cups1.125 cups 1.125 cupsPure Maple Syrup, 1 cup + 2 tbsp in total
- .5 cup.5 cup .5 cupCoconut Sugar
- 1 Tbsp1 Tbsp 1 TbspPure Vanilla Extract
- 3 whole3 whole 3 wholeEggs, room temperature
- 1 whole1 whole 1 wholeEgg Yolk, room temperature
- .75 cup.75 cup .75 cupDark Chocolate Chips, roughly chopped, optional
- .25 cup.25 cup .25 cupGhee
- .5 tsp.5 tsp .5 tspSea Salt
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Prepare a single crust as directed, rolling out into a rough rectangle. Press evenly into the bottom and up sides of a 12” x 9” baking sheet. Egg wash (if using) the minimal top edge showing then cover with plastic and set aside.
- Roughly chop 1½ cups of the pecans. Add those along with syrup, coconut sugar, vanilla, eggs, egg yolk, chocolate (if using), ghee and salt to a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Mix well with a hand mixer until eggs are fully combined and ghee is evenly distributed. Arrange the remaining 1½ cups of pecans in a decorative pattern of choice on top.
- Place the pastry lined baking sheet on a larger parchment lined baking sheet. Pour pecan filling into the crust. Use a small spoon to ensure chocolate pieces are evenly distributed.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes and cover edges if they’re getting too dark. Return to the oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the center is set and no longer jiggles. Remove from the oven and cool before slicing.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Fellow foodies also viewed
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week