Sunday Short Ribs
- 2 lb Beef Short Ribs, (or pork short ribs)
- 1 cup Onion, diced (see notes)
- 1 cup Carrots, diced (see notes)
- Dried Apricots, or other dried fruit (optional)
- 8.5 oz Latin Inspired Flavor Starter Sauce, 1 bottle (or Creole, Mediterranean, or Moroccan Starter Sauce)
- 1 cup Cabernet Sauvignon Red wine, (see notes)
- 14.5 oz Diced Tomatoes, (1 can)
- Salt, to taste/health needs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine ingredients in an oven-safe pot.
- Cover and oven-braise for 1 o 1-½ hours. (Check for tenderness at 1 hour, then again in 15 minute increments, or use a thermometer probe.)
- If you’d like the top of your ingredients to brown, remove the lid during the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- Remove from the oven and rest with the lid on for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve as a stew, or over mashed potatoes, rice, couscous, quinoa, or pasta.
Feel free to replace with any veggies you have on hand or prefer! // Use 1 cup of wine or your favorite broth, or a combination of the two; and use 2 cups if you prefer more sauce.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week