Bison, Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato (BBLT)
The Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato sandwich or more commonly, BLT, is a summertime tradition. Fresh beefsteak tomatoes and lettuce from the garden or farmer’s market piled high with smoky bacon is a sheer delight for the tastebuds. How to improve on such a simple masterpiece? Might we recommend a bison burger to complement this sensation of summer? Grass-fed, open range bison adds a whole new level of flavor. If you’re going keto or low carb, this Bison BLT doesn’t need a bun. Plate this colorful meal and tie into it with a fork! Enjoy.
- 1 Beefsteak Tomato, sliced
- 1 lb Ground Bison
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 8 pieces Bacon, (2 per burger)
- 4 pieces Butter Lettuce, (1 per burger)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Cook bacon until crispy in a skillet on medium heat, flipping as needed.
- Remove from heat, and place bacon on a plate lined with paper towels to cool.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground meat with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and smoked paprika.
- Form ground meat into 4 equal-sized burger patties.
- Grill burgers 4–5 minutes per side.
- Remove from grill and set aside.
- Carefully place tomato slices on the grill.
- Grill tomato slices 3 minutes per side.
- Remove tomatoes from grill.
- Top the burgers with lettuce, tomato, bacon, and serve.
- Serve with Cajun Sweet Potato Fries.
Tomatoes have a wonderful flavor when grilled, but they get very soft and can be hard to handle. We recommend grilling them on a grill plate or foil so that they do not fall apart when removing them from the grill.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Dairy Free Egg Free Entrées GAPS Gluten Free Grain Free Keto Nut Free Paleo Shellfish Free Sugar Free Whole30
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.