Beef Tenderloin Filet Mignon Steak with Black Truffle Butter
There are several ways to cook a flavorful, juicy steak. You can grill, use a crock, pressure cook, or skillet, but the Sous Vide takes so much of the guess work out of the process. Our friends at Primal Palate share their recipe for Filet Mignon Steak with Black Truffle Butter for a taste treat! Prepare your taste buds for some joy!
- 4 Filet Mignon (Beef Tenderloin Steak)
- 1/4 cup Salted Butter
- 1/4 cup Sage, fresh, minced
- 1/4 cup Fresh Marjoram, minced
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 head Cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp Parsley, curly leaf
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Primal Palate Truffle Salt
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Fill your Sous Vide with water to within one inch of the max fill line, and set temperature to 134 degrees.
- While water is heating, make the compound herb butter. Soften 1/4 cup grassfed butter (salted), and mix with the marjoram, sage, salt and pepper.
- Seal two BPA-free sous vide pouches, and line the insides with the compound herb butter.
- Place two steaks in each pouch, and vacuum seal them. Place them in the water (if it is up to temperature), and set the time for 2-4 hours.
- About 30 minutes before the steaks are done cooking in the Sous Vide, boil the cauliflower.
- Drain the water, and add the cauliflower to a food processor or high speed blender. Add the parsley, butter, salt and pepper (following the order of ingredients).
- Blend the cauliflower until smooth.
- To make the truffle butter, whip 1/2 cup unsalted grass fed butter with 1/2 tsp black truffle salt.
- Preheat your grill to high heat (about 500 degrees). Remove the steaks from their pouches and sear them for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve the tenderloin sliced thinly, topped with the black truffle butter and with a side of mashed cauliflower.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Egg Free Entrées GAPS Gluten Free Grain Free Nightshade Free Nut Free Shellfish Free Sugar Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.