Braised Beef Shanks
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to bake at 350.
- Rinse shanks under cold water and pat dry.
- Sprinkle shanks with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil in a cast iron skillet on medium high heat.
- Sear shanks in coconut oil 2-3 minutes per side, adding a bit more coconut oil to the skillet as needed for each additional shank.
- Place seared shanks in pyrex baking dish.
- Saute the smashed/chopped garlic,and thyme leaves in the skillet for about 1 minute.
- Add broth/water to skillet and stir making sure to scrape up any of the brown bits from the shanks on the bottom.
- Bring to a boil until liquid starts to reduce slightly.
- Place remaining garlic cloves and additional thyme springs in pan withs hanks.
- Pour broth over shanks.
- Cover with parchment paper and then aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 for 2 hours.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Fellow foodies also viewed
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week