Breakfast Spaghetti Squash Boat
Fall is officially here! So what better way to celebrate than by combining my favorite autumn flavors and my favorite meal to cook, breakfast. This breakfast spaghetti squash boat is easy-to-make with minimal cleanup. Plus, it has all of the best cozy ingredients perfect for this time of year - brussels sprouts, spaghetti squash, bacon, eggs. It’s sure to be a hit with anyone who loves fall produce and breakfast food as much as I do!
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 wholeSpaghetti Squash
- 4 pieces 4 pieces 4 piecesBacon
- 20 pieces 20 pieces 20 piecesBrussels Sprouts, de-stemmed and sliced
- 1 clove 1 clove 1 cloveGarlic, chopped
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 wholePastured Eggs
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 TbspParmesan Cheese
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 wholeGreen Onion, sliced
- Sea Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Halve and de-seed a small spaghetti squash (if it’s too hard to halve, score it where you want to halve it, poke holes through with a fork all the way around, and microwave for 3-5 mins to soften).
- Brush the inside of each half with avocado oil and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Bake the two halves of the spaghetti squash in a preheated 400 degree oven for 30 min face down on a baking sheet.
- In the meantime cook the bacon by desired method, and separately sauté the brussels sprouts in a little avo oil with garlic for about 8-10 minutes. You want both the bacon and sprouts to be just slightly uncooked because they will continue to cook in the oven.
- Once the spaghetti squash is done, let it cool, and using a fork scrape the insides of each to make it stringy and spaghetti-like.
- Mix in half of the brussels sprouts and chopped bacon into each half.
- Form a shallow hole in the middle of the mixture big enough for an egg, and crack an egg into each spaghetti squash boat.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. If the eggs aren’t fully cooked, broil for 3-5 mins until cooked through.
- Top with shredded parmesan, chopped green onion, and red pepper flakes as desired.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Ingredients include paid links.
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week