Chocolate Beet Muffins (Paleo, Gluten Free)
These healthy chocolate beet muffins are made with cooked beets, almond butter and eggs and sweetened with coconut sugar. This beet muffin recipe is perfect for breakfast or packing in lunches. They're gluten free, dairy free and paleo friendly.
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line a muffin pan with paper or silicone muffins liners*
- Add all of the muffin ingredients, except the chocolate chips, to your food processor or high powered blender. Blend the mixture, stopping a few times to scrape down the sides until the beets are well pureed.
- Add in the chocolate chips and pulse the batter a few times.
- Scoop the batter into the lined muffin pan, filling each slot just over half way full. You should get about 10 muffins.
- Place the muffins in your preheated oven and bake at 350 degrees for 20-22 minutes.
- After baking, cool the muffins for a few minutes in the pan, then transfer them to a wire cooling rack
*Please note, silicone liners work better for this recipe. Paper liners stick a little to the muffins until they have been chilled in the fridge.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week