Coconut Millet “Rice”
Coconut millet rice is a simple yet super delicious recipe, which comes together in minutes. The toasted coconut recipe will remind you of everything tropical and the sun drenched afternoons by the waves. Millets are an amazing gluten free option, which are low in glycemic index due to their high fiber content. They are rich in minerals and a healthy grain option in your diet. You can substitute the millet with cauliflower rice for a grain free Paleo and whole 30 option or brown or regular rice if you don't have millets on hand, every version is a bomb !
- 1 cup Foxtail Millet
- 0.5 tsp Black Mustard Seed
- 1 Tbsp Split Peas (dried), or Chana dal
- 1 tsp Urad Dal (Black Gram)
- 15 whole Raw Cashews
- 0.25 cup shredded Coconut, or use coconut powder
- 2 Tbsp Avocado Oil
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Heat oil in a pan
- Add mustard seeds and let it splutter
- Add the chana dal/split peas and urad dal and toast for a few seconds
- Toss in the cashews and sauté for a few minutes
- Add the dried shredded coconut, and toast till slightly brown. Keep stirring to avoid burning. Coconut can burn quickly.
- Add the cooked millet ( or cauli rice, rice)
- Mix everything well and let the millet warm up in the pan and absorb all the flavors.
- Your delicious toasted coconut millet rice is ready to enjoy !
You can substitute the millet with cauliflower rice for a grain free Paleo and whole 30 option or brown or regular rice if you don't have millets on hand, every version is a bomb !
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.