Crunchy Truffle Mayo Chicken Thighs
This yummy chicken dish is decadent. It also requires a bit of time (the chicken needs to brine) and a few special ingredients...like Maple Syrup + Truffle Mayo. It's the perfect winter dish and pairs with just about any comfort side dish. It was also inspired by Chef Michael Voltaggio's full bird recipe.
- 1/2 gallon Water
- 3/4 cup Kosher Salt
- 1/2 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Chili Flakes
- 1 Tbsp Dry Mustard Powder
- 1 Tbsp whole Coriander Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Black Pepper
- 1 head Garlic, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1 cup Original Nut Crumbs, (Spicy would be yummy too!)
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thigh, (you can use breasts if you'd like)
- 1/2 cup Truffle Mayonnaise, (spicy or plain)
- 4 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Combine all ingredients together in a large pot and bring to a boil. Let cool fully. Once cooled place chicken thighs (you can do breasts if you'd prefer) into brine and let sit for 4-6 hour in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Take chicken out of brine and rinse with water. Place chicken in baking dish and cover with mayo using a spatula. Sprinkle on Nut Crumbs (generously). You can also hold chicken with tongs and dip (mayo side down) in a plate of Nut Crumbs to get a nice thick coat on them. You only need to coat one side of the chicken for this recipe.
- Once back in dish Nut Crumbs side up, place 1T butter on each piece of chicken.
- Place baking dish in preheated oven and let cook for 15-20 minutes (depending on thickness of chicken)
- Serve over mashed potatoes, rice, or alongside fresh veggies and enjoy!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Entrées Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.