Truffle and Herb Mashed Potatoes
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream (Whipping Cream)
- 1/2 cup Whole Milk
- 2 Mushroom Instant Bone Broth, (2 packets)
- 2 sprigs fresh Rosemary
- 2 Tbsp fresh Oregano, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Truffle Oil, (white or black)
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp White Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Add the potatoes to a 6 quart stockpot or saucepan and fill with water until the potatoes are covered by at least an inch of water. Salt the water generously and bring to a boil. Boil for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are soft and tender but not coming apart.
- While the potatoes are boiling, heat a small saucepan on low heat and add the butter, cream, milk, truffle oil, garlic powder, white pepper, salt, and sprigs of rosemary. Keep warm over low heat, and if the mixture begins to boil remove from heat and set aside.
- When the potatoes are done, discard the liquid and return the potatoes to the pot. Discard the rosemary from the cream mixture, then gently pour it over the potatoes. Gently mash the potatoes to combine with the cream. Add the contents of the instant broth packets and stir to combine.
- Serve with chopped fresh oregano and another dollop of butter.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week