Roasted Garlic & Lemon Chicken Thighs
These chicken thighs are smothered in a buttery lemon sauce. When you are making the sauce, you will need to watch it as it reduces down to ensure you remove it from the heat when it is done and before the sauce breaks. This dish comes together quickly and is full of flavor.
- 20 cloves20 cloves 20 clovesGarlic
- 2 lb2 lb 2 lbboneless skinless Chicken Thigh
- 3 Tbsp3 Tbsp 3 TbspCapers
- 2 Tbsp2 Tbsp 2 TbspLemon Juice
- 2 cups2 cups 2 cupsfree range Chicken Broth
- 8 Tbsp8 Tbsp 8 TbspSalted Butter, chilled and cut into cubes
- 1 Tbsp1 Tbsp 1 TbspSage, minced
- 1 tsp1 tsp 1 tspSea Salt
- 0.5 tsp0.5 tsp 0.5 tspBlack Pepper
- 3 Tbsp3 Tbsp 3 TbspAvocado Oil
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the garlic cloves in tin foil and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of avocado oil. Wrap the garlic and oil up tight and place in the oven for 30-40 minutes. The garlic should be soft and slightly brown when it is roasted.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper, making sure both sides of the chicken are seasoned.
- Add 2 tablespoons of avocado oil to a large sauté pan on medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add the chicken thighs and sear until golden brown, then flip and sear the other side.
- After both sides have been seared, transfer the chicken to an oven-safe dish and bake for 8-12 minutes. The chicken should no longer be pink when it is fully cooked.
- While the chicken is in the oven, add the broth to the pan and bring it to a boil.
- Add the capers, lemon juice, sage, and butter to the pan. Reduce the sauce until it becomes slightly thickened and has a velvety consistency, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the sauce from the heat, add the chicken and garlic in, and serve with your favorite roasted vegetable.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Egg Free GAPS Gluten Free Grain Free Meat Nightshade Free Nut Free Shellfish Free Sugar Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.