Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Carrot Cake
This carrot cake is delicious, light, fluffy, and moist. Something you don't often see from a gluten-free cake! Enjoy every pillowy bite, full of fall flavor from Little Palates Cinnamon Apple blend, topped with a whipped dairy-free cream cheese frosting that is mouth watering!
- 270 grams Primal Palate Gluten-free All-Purpose Flour, 2 1/4 cup spooned and leveled
- 150 grams Granulated White Sugar, 3/4 cup fine cane sugar
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt, fine salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1.5 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Little Palates Apple Cinnamon seasoning
- 4 whole Eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup Sunflower Oil
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Organic Oat Milk, at room temperature
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 200 grams Carrots, 2 cups, peeled and grated carrots
Dairy-Free Cream Cheese Frosting
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat your oven to bake at 350 degrees F. Line a 9x13 inch rectangular cake pan with parchment paper for easy removal of the cake.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and Apple Cinnamon blend.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, sunflower oil, and vanilla extract.
- Measure the oat milk in a liquid measuring cup, and whisk in the lemon juice.
- Pour the egg, oil, and vanilla mixture into the dry mix, and beat with a hand mixer until smooth, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Pour in the oat milk and lemon juice, and beat again with the hand mixer until the batter is smooth, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Pour in the grated carrots, and beat again using the hand mixer.
- Pour the cake batter into your prepared cake pan, and smooth into an even layer.
- Bake the cake in the center of the oven for 45 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the dairy-free cream cheese frosting.
- Place the room temperature plant-based butter into a large mixing bowl, followed by the 8 ounces of dairy-free cream cheese, and the vanilla extract. Beat with the hand mixer until combined.
- Sift in 1 cup of powdered sugar, and beat again with the hand mixer to evenly combine, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Sift in the remaining cup of powdered sugar, and beat again until whipped and fluffy, scrapping down the bowl as needed. Cover and place in the fridge until use.
- Remove the cake from the oven, and allow to cool in the pan for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove the cake from the pan by lifting it out of the pan by the parchment paper, and place on a cooling rack. Allow to cool until completely cool before frosting.
- Place the cake on a cutting board, or whatever you may be serving it on, and remove the parchment from the bottom. I found it easy to just rip the parchment and gently pull it from under the cake so you don't break the cake trying to lift it up.
- Frost the top of the cake with the frosting, reserving some extra frosting for decoration. I saved some frosting and colored it pale orange and green to pipe little carrots on the cake.
- The frosting is very soft since it is dairy-free, so it's best to keep it chilled until serving, and let it come up to temperature for about 30 minutes before serving.
- When you are ready to eat, slice and serve.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week