Gluten Free Sour Cream Coffee Cake
The first time I made this gluten free coffee cake, I had high hopes, but my initial recipe fell short and so did the coffee cake! It fell apart coming out of the pan and I had to think quickly to turn it into a berry trifle to salvage the remains! Thank goodness the next attempt was a success! My gluten free sour cream coffee cake with a cinnamon filling is perfect for brunch or a slow Sunday morning breakfast!
For the Coffee Cake
- 2.5 cups Gluten Free Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- .5 tsp Baking Soda
- .5 tsp Salt
- 12 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, softened
- 0.5 cup Granulated White Sugar
- 3 whole Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 8 oz Sour Cream
For the filling
For the glaze
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat your oven to 350F and generously grease and flour a 10-inch bundt or tube pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar for 4 to 5 minutes or until light in color. Add in the eggs one at a time and then add the vanilla and sour cream.
- With the mixer speed on low, gradually add the flour mixture until combined.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt 3 tablespoons of butter for the filling. Mix in the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Pour half of the batter into the greased and floured pan. Spoon the filling evenly around and swirl with a toothpick or a knife. Top with the rest of your batter.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 30 minutes and then carefully transfer the cake onto a serving plate.
- Best served warm with a vanilla glaze and berries!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week