Granola Breaded Apples
If apple pie was a finger food, this is what I'd imagine it would taste like. I dreamt these up for weeks before I made them, and they did not disappoint! Feel free to use any kind of granola you wish, and you can even use dairy-free yogurt to keep it vegan.
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Blitz the granola in a food processor until fine crumbs form & transfer to shallow bowl.
- Thinly slice an apple (1/4 inch slices—don’t recommend using a mandolin here because they would be too flimsy), then squeeze 1 Tbsp lemon juice all over both sides of each apple slice.
- Coat the apple slices well in the granola dust.
- Preheat a pan on medium/medium-high heat (don’t go low, you don’t want the apple slices to get soggy—medium heat browns the granola and allows it to adhere well to the apple), then add your ghee or coconut oil.
- Arrange apple slices in a single layer and cook for 1-2 minutes, then flip and cook another 1-2 minutes. Do it in batches so you don’t crowd the pan.
- Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to cool.
- While they’re cooling, mix the yogurt, remaining granola dust, 1/2 tsp lemon juice, cinnamon, maple syrup, and vanilla well in a bowl.
- Dip apple slices into the yogurt and enjoy!!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Fellow foodies also viewed
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week