Gulab Jamun Choco Bites (Gluten free/Vegan)
These Gulab Jamun Choco bites are a perfect medley of the rich flavors of saffron and cardamom from the Gulab Jamun and the delicious coating of the decadent butter sweet chocolate. A show stopper with the garnished pistachios, rose petals the bling of the edible silver leaf, and a crowd pleaser with the bite of surprise of unexpected flavors! Give thus unusual dessert a try this Holiday season.
- 1 cup Primal Palate Gluten-free All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- .5 tsp Baking Soda
- 0.25 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Raw Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Sweet Potato Purée
- 0.25 cup Organic Oat Milk
- 1 cup Pascha 55% Organic Vegan Semi-Sweet Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp raw Pistachios
- 1 Tbsp Rose Petals, Dry
- 1 pieces Edible Silver Leaf
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a mixing bowl add all the dry Ingredients for the dough like the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar followed by the sweet potato purée and Apple cider vinegar.
- add the oat milk little at a time to make a soft dough. Making sure it’s not sticky
- Cover and rest the dough till you prep the sugar syrup
- add the sugar and water in a sauce pan, give it a mix and boil till the sugar is fully dissolved
- let it boil for another 4 to 5 minutes till the syrup becomes slightly sticky. Should feel sticky between your fingers
- Add the saffron, rose water and cardamom powder to the sugar syrup and give it all the a mix and reserve till the dough is fried.
- Heat the oil for deep frying to medium heat
- while the oil heats up. Start making small 1 inch balls out of the dough by rolling it between your palm gently, without applying too much pressure.
- Drop the dough balls in the heated oil in a batch of 5-6 pieces
- Gently fry till the dough is fried to crispy golden ball making sure the insides are cooked my keeping at medium heat
- Drop the hot dough balls into the sugar syrup
- Let them soak in the sugar syrup for a couple of hours.
- Place the Chocolate chip and the coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl, and blitz for 30 seconds.
- take it out and give it a mix. Blitz for 10 seconds two more times, making sure that you mix after every 10 second intervals.
- Once fully melted they should have a silky consistency
- Remove the sugar syrup soaked Dough balls and place them on a plate to drain off the excess syrup
- Drop one ball at a time and coat with the melted chocolate.
- Place on a parchment paper lined tray to dry
- Garnish with crushed pistachios, dry rose petals and edible silver leaf.
- Refrigerate for a few hours and they are ready to go
Sugar Syrup instructions
Making the Gulab Jamun
Preparing the chocolate for the coating
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week