Pan Roasted Pork Chops (AIP-friendly)
This is a super-flavorful way to prepare pork chops which avoids the common pitfalls of being bland or dry. You're going to LOVE this recipe!
- 1.5 lb1.5 lb 1.5 lbPork Chop, two chops, about 3/4 lb each, bone in.
- 1 Tbsp1 Tbsp 1 TbspPrimal Palate Super Gyro Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp2 Tbsp 2 TbspLard, or your choice of cooking fat. We also really like Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil.
- 2 Tbsp2 Tbsp 2 TbspTin Star Cultured Ghee
- 2 cloves2 cloves 2 clovesGarlic, crushed
- fresh Thyme, a few sprigs
- 1/4 tsp1/4 tsp 1/4 tspSea Salt, to garnish
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Bring the pork chops out 15-20 minutes prior to cooking to allow to come up to room temperature.
- Sprinkle Super Gyro seasoning on all sides, and allow the chops to rest.
- Preheat your oven to 425 F.
- In a medium cast iron skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of cooking fat over medium heat. (The new Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil is awesome for this, but you can also use Lard or Coconut Oil.) When the oil starts to shimmer, tilt the pan to evenly coat it with the oil, and add the pork chops.
- Sear on the first side for 3:30, then flip and sear the second side for 3 minutes. Flip again for 2 minutes, and then a final time for 2 minutes. This helps to ensure an even sear.
- Transfer the skillet to the hot oven. Flip the pork chops every 2 minutes, for a total of 10 minutes of roasting.
- Remove the skillet from the oven. Move the pork chops to a plate, and drain off the fat from the skillet. Add 2 tablespoons of cultured ghee to the pan over medium heat. Add the crushed garlic and thyme to the pan, and saute for a minute.
- Move the pork chops back to the hot pan, and spoon the ghee, thyme, and garlic over the chops. Cook for a final minute, continuing to spoon the ghee over the chops, and then remove to serve.
- Allow the pork chops to rest a few minutes, then sprinkle with a moderately coarse sea salt (Like our French Grey Sea Salt). Serve hot with your choice of side dishes!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week