Pastelón (Plantain Lasagna Recipe)
- 6 whole Plantain, very ripe, almost black
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 0.25 cup (click for recipe)Puerto Rican Sofrito
- 0.25 cup Tomato Sauce
- 1 whole Onion, diced
- 0.5 whole Bell Pepper, diced
- 2 Tbsp Green Olives, sliced
- 0.5 Tbsp Healthy Rican Adobo
- 1 tsp Healthy Rican Sazón
- 0.5 tsp Onion Powder
- 0.5 tsp dried Oregano
- 0.25 tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brown your ground beef and remove any excess fat from your skillet.
- Add sofrito, tomato sauce, onions and peppers. Add seasonings and cook for a few minutes until the vegetables become tender.
- Add a little water and cover. Continue to cook on low heat for about 10 minutes or until the beef is cooked through.
- Peel the plantains. Since they are very ripe, the skin will come off easily, similar to a banana.
- Spray air-fryer and plantains with canola oil spray. Place plantains (whole) in air-fryer and cook at 390 degrees for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Flip the plantains halfway through cooking time to ensure even cooking.
- Place cooked plantains on a flat surface. Cover with parchment paper and smash with a cutting board.
- Spray casserole dish with canola oil spray. Place two smashed plantains at the bottom of the pan. Use a fork or spatula to flatten into an even layer.
- Top with half of the picadillo and sprinkle 1/4 cup of cheese. Repeat these steps for the next layer.
- Top with final layer of plantains and remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until the pastelón is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Allow the pastelón to cool for 15 minutes before cutting into it so that it keeps its shape.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro. Serve and enjoy!
Prepare the plantains
HEALTHY RICAN DISCOUNT: Healthy Rican seasonings are free of harmful ingredients like MSG and dyes. Use my code: curlsnpearlsss for 10% off your Healthy Rican order!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week