Peppermint Bark Cookies (Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free)
These gluten-free dairy-free peppermint bark cookies are the perfect way to transition into holiday baking. The cookies have a chocolate cookie base and are filled with peppermint infused milk and white chocolate and topped with crush candy canes. Not only are these cookies gluten-free and dairy-free (thanks to Primal Palate and Pascha Chocolate) but they're also vegan!
- 1.25 cup Primal Palate Gluten-free All-Purpose Flour
- 0.5 cup Organic Cocoa Powder
- 0.75 cup Granulated White Sugar
- 0.5 cup Vegan Buttery Spread, softened
- 1 Flax Egg (1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 2.5 tbsp filtered water)
- 1 Tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 0.25 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
Peppermint Bark Filling
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together gluten-free flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together softened vegan butter, sugar, salt, and vanilla extract. Once the butter is fully incorporated into the sugar, add the flax egg and mix until combined.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the large bowl and mix with a rubber spatula or a wooden spoon until incorporated.
- Using a #50 cookie scoop, scoop the cookie dough onto the lined baking sheets. Each school of dough should be approximately 1-2 tablespoons so that you end up with 14 cookies.
- Bake at 350ºF for 12 minutes.
- In the meantime, pour the milk and white chocolate chips into separate small microwave-safe bowls. Microwave the milk chocolate for about 30-1 minute, stirring the chocolate every 10 seconds. Repeat this process with the white chocolate chips, but please note that the white chocolate melts much faster!
- Add 1/2 tsp of peppermint extract to the melted milk chocolate and stir.
- Remove candy cane from wrapper and place in a ziplock bag. Hit a something hard (like a mug) repeatedly against the candy cane until it breaks into tiny pieces (however, still large enough so that the red strip is visible). Set aside.
- Once ready, remove cookies from oven and press the bottom of a 1/4 cup measuring cup or a small drinking glass into the center of each cookie to create a 1/4 inch deep divet for the melted chocolate.
- Dollop a teaspoon of melted milk chocolate into the divet of each cookie and then dollop a teaspoon of melted white chocolate into each cookie. Take the back handle of the teaspoon or a chopstick and swirl the chocolate in each divet to create a swirl.
- Sprinkle pieces of crushed candy onto the chocolate filling of each cookie and let set for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Serve and enjoy!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week