Smokehouse Pulled Pork Sandwich
- 4 lb4 lb 4 lbPork Shoulder
- 2 cups2 cups 2 cupsfree range Chicken Broth
- 2 Tbsp2 Tbsp 2 TbspSmokehouse Rub
- 1/2 cup1/2 cup 1/2 cupBarbecue Sauce, More or less, to your liking
- 66 6Gluten-free Buns, We like Canyon Bakehouse buns
- 2 cups2 cups 2 cupsRomaine Lettuce, shredded
- Red Onion, sliced, optional
- Pickles, sliced, optional
- 30 minutes before starting, take your pork shoulder out of the refrigerator.
- Heat your instant pot to high heat (Saute function). Sear the pork shoulder on all sides, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Season the seared pork shoulder liberally on all sides with the Primal Palate Smokehouse Rub. Add the broth to the Instant Pot.
- Set to high pressure (manual setting) for 90 minutes. Close the lid and seal the vent.
- After cooking is complete, remove the pork shoulder. Pull the meat apart loosely with two forks. Toss with the barbecue sauce.
- Assemble the sandwiches: add mayo to the toasted buns. Top with lettuce, pickles, and red onion. Serve immediately.
We use an Instant Pot as a bit of a shortcut, but you could achieve great results using a slow cooker (Crock Pot) or even a slow cooking method in the oven too.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week