BBQ Chicken Sandwich
The perfect fried chicken sandwich. It's everything you want in a fried chicken sandwich without the guilt. This recipe is fully customizable to make it keto, gluten-free etc. depending on what sauce and bread you choose. Have fun with it and enjoy!
- 1 cup Barbecue Nut Crumbs
- 1 lb Chicken Breast, (or boneless thighs)
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk
- 2 Tbsp Barbecue Sauce, (plus more for dressing)
- 1 Egg
- Bread, of choice, sliced
- Dill Pickle Slices
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Start by using your favorite cut of chicken, trim, and pound with meat tenderizer until desired thickness. We prefer chicken breasts, sliced into smaller pieces although depending on your mood a boneless chicken thigh would be delicious in this recipe!
- In a small bowl add the egg, bbq sauce, and almond milk and whisk together.
- Pour out Nut Crumbs on a plate and one by one…dredge the chicken pieces until thoroughly coated in the milk mixture, then the crumbs. We find it works best to use a fork to flip the chicken.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet add the EVOO and grass-fed butter. Heat to medium/hot temp and add chicken. Cook 2-3 minutes on one side and flip, cooking for an additional 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan and place on baking sheet. Place in hot oven for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- If you want to skip the butter and oil you can just bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. They will be crispier if fried 🙂
- 370 degrees for 12-17 minutes depending on tender thickness
- Prep your bread to your liking - we would use homemade sourdough bread toasted with butter. Assemble your sandwich with sliced pickles and more bbq sauce and enjoy!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Dairy Free Poultry Shellfish Free
Fellow foodies also viewed
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.