Caramel Apple Pop Tarts
The combo of green apple and caramel is unmatched and having them together in a tasty pop tart is no exception! It's a classic Fall pairing and one you'll find yourself making over and over again this year! The crust is our original PIE CRUST RECIPE or you can use our PIE CRUST MIX from Legit Bread Company!
- 1 whole1 whole 1 wholeGranny Smith Apple, peeled, cored & cut into 1/2" cubes
- 3 Tbsp3 Tbsp 3 TbspSea Salted Caramel Sauce (Sweet Apricity)
- 1 Tbsp1 Tbsp 1 TbspCassava Flour
- 2 tsp2 tsp 2 tspground Cinnamon
- 1 whole1 whole 1 wholePaleo/GF Pie Crust (click for recipe)
- 1 whole1 whole 1 wholeEgg, +1 tbsp water for egg wash, optional
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Mix all filling ingredients together in a small bowl, stirring to combine well. Set aside.
- Prepare pie crust as instructed, divide in half. Place in a bowl, cover with plastic and set aside. Preheat the oven to 400° (200° C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or liner. Or you can prep your air fryer baking sheet as directed by the manufacturer.
- Remove one half of the dough and leave the other half covered in the bowl. You’ll be making 6 “bottoms” measuring 3”x4” (7½ x 10cm) each. Roll out to about ¼“ (.64cm) thick and using a ruler or a paper template, cut out your bottoms, re-rolling dough to get 6-7 small rectangles. Place them on your prepared baking sheet evenly spaced.
- Using a pastry brush, egg wash each of the “bottoms” and spoon approximately 1½ tbsp apple filling in the center of each of the “bottoms.”
- Roll out the remaining half of the dough the same as you did for the bottoms, getting 6-7 “bottoms\'\' measuring the same. Lay one “top” carefully over the filling, lining up the edges. Gently press all edges to seal and finish using the tines of a fork. Repeating until all are topped. Using a toothpick, place several holes in the top to allow for steam while baking.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove and brush each top with remaining egg wash, place back in the oven and continue baking until golden brown. Approximately 15-20 minutes. If not using the egg wash, bake for 20-25 minutes total or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack.
- AIR FRYER – prepare your air fryer baking sheet and line with parchment paper if suggested by manufacturer. Our air fryer only has enough room to bake three at a time, so plan accordingly and use the first half of the dough to make three complete pop tarts. Brush with egg wash before placing in the air fryer and bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. While the first three bake, prepare the next three then repeat to bake.
- While pop tarts bake/cool, make glaze (if using) by mixing the caramel sauce and powdered sugar together until smooth. Once cooled, spoon onto each pop tart or thin out the glaze and drizzle on top. If using sprinkles, sprinkle on before the glaze is set.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week