Gluten Free Crispy Oven-Baked Chicken Thighs
Crispy oven-baked chicken thighs are a regular in our dinner rotation. Everyone in our home loves the crispy skin, tender meat and the extra juices which are fabulous drizzled on top of white rice. So many loved ones in my extended family now also make these on a regular basis because they're just that good and take only a few minutes to prep. The chicken makes for great leftovers for lunch, too. They're also naturally gluten free.
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Prepare a baking dish by drizzling the olive oil on the bottom.
- Rub the chicken thighs with the salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Depending on how large the thighs are, you may want to increase the amount of seasoning you use; it’s up to you!
- Transfer the chicken thighs to the baking dish or choose to season them once they're directly in the baking dish, skin side up. You'll want to spread the chicken out so it's not crowded - this is the key to getting the skin nice and crispy instead of steaming. If there is a lot of skin, spread it out as much as possible to help increase the crisp factor.
- Cook for about 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until internal temperature reaches 165° and the skin is nice and crispy, but not burnt.
- Serve warm with rice to sop of the gravy and your favorite side of greens.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week