Easy Gumbo Inspired Soup
- 2 tsp2 tsp 2 tspBrown Rice Flour, (or all purpose flour)
- 2 Tbsp2 Tbsp 2 TbspExtra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 lb1/4 lb 1/4 lbSnow Crab Legs, (see notes)
- 1/4 lb1/4 lb 1/4 lbRaw Shrimp, (see notes)
- 1/4 lb1/4 lb 1/4 lbSmoked Chicken and Apple Sausage Links (Aidells), (or smoked chicken sausage of choice; see notes)
- 1/4 lb1/4 lb 1/4 lbBoneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, (see notes)
- 2/3 cup2/3 cup 2/3 cupOkra, sliced (see notes)
- 2/3 cup2/3 cup 2/3 cupGreen Bell Peppers, diced
- 2/3 cup2/3 cup 2/3 cupOnion, diced
- Garlic, minced, to taste (optional)
- 8.5 oz8.5 oz 8.5 ozCreole Inspired Flavor Starter Sauce, (1 bottle)
- 4-6 cups4-6 cups 4-6 cupsfree range Chicken Broth, (or your favorite broth)
- Salt, to taste/health needs
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Cook 2 tsp flour (regular or brown rice flour) + 2 Tb oil in the pan, whisking constantly, until the mixture turns as dark as a penny.
- In a skillet, sear protein to golden brown over medium high-heat.
- Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a simmer, cover, lower the heat to low & cook for 30-45 minutes, or until protein is fully cooked and tender.
- Serve over rice, pasta, couscous, quinoa, mashed potatoes, or with your favorite bread or tortillas on the side.
Feel free to mix and match protein options based on preference or availability, and feel free to replace with any veggies you have on hand or prefer!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week