Gluten-Free Upside Down Honey Apple Cake
This delicious upside down apple cake is the perfect dessert to enjoy for Rosh Hashanah or any other fall gathering that you might have.
- 1 whole Honeycrisp Apples, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Primal Palate Apple Pie Spice
- 1/2 cup Granulated White Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 4 whole Eggs
- 1/2 cup Avocado Oil
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 138 gram Cassava Flour
- 116 gram Blanched Almond Flour
- 62 gram Tapioca Starch
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat your oven to bake at 350 degrees.
- Line the bottom of a 9 inch cake pan with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Core and slice your apple, and then toss the apple slices with a coating of Apple Pie Spice, and then place an even layer of apple slices on the bottom of your cake pan.
- In a small sauce pot, heat the 1/2 cup of sugar with 2 tablespoons of water. Bring the sugar to a boil, swirling the sugar in the pot from time to time to mix.
- Once the sugar and water come to a full boil, the sugar has fully dissolved, and is a golden color (about 5 minutes), remove from the heat, and immediately pour over the apples in the cake pan.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the eggs, avocado oil, vanilla extract, honey, and apple cider vinegar. Whisk to combine.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine the cassava flour, almond flour, arrowroot starch, salt, and baking powder. Whisk to evenly combine.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry, and stir to combine evenly.
- Pour the cake batter over the apples in the cake pan, and smooth to an even layer in the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, remove from the oven, and allow to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Run a butter knife along the side of the cake to release it from the cake pan, and then place your serving plate over the top of the cake pan. Flip the pan over with the plate sealing the top, and then lift the pan off of the cake.
- Remove the parchment from the top of the cake, slice, and serve.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week