Harvest Bowls (AIP)
These harvest bowls are AIP and Paleo compatible. If you aren't following a protocol, they are delicious with pecans, and goat cheese added.
- 1-1.5 lb1-1.5 lb 1-1.5 lbChicken Breast, cooked, small- medium dice
- 11 1Sweet Potato, large, medium dice
- 22 2Honeycrisp Apples, cored and medium dice
- 6 oz6 oz 6 ozClassic Vinegar Marinated Baby Beets (Love Beets)
- 1 bunch1 bunch 1 bunchKale, shredded
- 1 Tbsp1 Tbsp 1 TbspAvocado Oil
- .75 tsp.75 tsp .75 tspGarlic Powder
- .75 tsp.75 tsp .75 tspOnion Powder
- .75 tsp.75 tsp .75 tspSea Salt
- .25 tsp.25 tsp .25 tspBlack Pepper, (omit for AIP)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, add the diced sweet potatoes, 1 tablespoon avocado oil, ¾ teaspoon sea salt, ¼ tsp pepper, ¾ teaspoon onion powder, and ¾ teaspoon garlic powder. Toss everything together to evenly coat and spread on the parchment-lined sheet pan in a single layer. Place in the oven and roast for 30-40 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes roast, make the balsamic dressing by adding the balsamic vinegar, 1 cup avocado oil, ½ teaspoon sea salt, minced garlic, ¼ tsp pepper, honey, and thyme to a mason jar or high-speed blender. Use an immersion blender or high-speed blender to combine the dressing ingredients. Blend for 30 seconds to 1 minute. The dressing should become thick. Set it aside.
- When the sweet potatoes are done roasting, assemble the bowls by placing shredded kale in a bowl and topping it with diced chicken breast, sweet potatoes, diced apple, and pickled beets.
- Serve the bowls with the balsamic vinaigrette. Optional to add pecans and goat cheese if you aren't following AIP.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week