Mediterranean Chicken Bites
An easy and quick chicken recipe to put together for those busy week days !!! Especially now that its grilling season! This chicken can be cooked a few different ways, on the grill, stove top or in the oven. I prefer the grill for the smoky flavor or the stove top for quick cooking . This is one such recipe which can be put together real quick and can be paired with grilled veggies and a carb of your choice for a quick nutritious and delicious meal. Gluten free and kid approved !
- 2 lb Skinless Chicken Breast
- 0.333 cup Plain Yogurt, can sub coconut or nut-based yogurt for paleo
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced or chopped
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 0.5 Tbsp dried Oregano
- 0.25 cup Parsley, chopped
- 0.5 whole Lemon, juiced
- 0.5 tsp Lemon zest
- 0.5 tsp Ground Fresh Black Peppercorns
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade other than the chicken
- Cut chicken into smaller chunks
- Add the chicken pieces to the marinade and coat them welll. Marinate the chicken for at least half hour up to two hours. The longer the chicken marinates the more flavorful the chicken gets, the flavor builds over time.
- Skewer onto a bamboo skewer soaked in water for a few minutes or metal skewers. You can choose to grill it or cook on the stove top.
- TO GRILL, start with grilling at high heat on both sides. Keep rotating the skewers to avoid burning the meat. But leave it long enough to get the grill marks. Then cook on medium heat, till the chicken is fully cooked but still juicy.
- FOR STOVE TOP METHOD, use a grill pan or a thick pan and grill in two or three batches after drizzling some olive oil. Cook on high for a couple of minutes on both sides to seal the juices and then cook on medium till the chicken is cooked. Don't over cook as the chicken breast dries out easily.
- You can also cook the chicken without skewers on the stove top.
- Enjoy it with a squeeze of lemon or a sprinkle of sumac and some chili flakes if you like a bit of heat !
For a paleo or whole 30 compliant recipe would be to use coconut or nut-based yogurt as a substitute for the yogurt. Add 3 Tbsp of the non dairy yogurt instead of the 1/3 cup of plain yogurt and increase the olive oil by one more tbsp in the marinade.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.