One-Skillet Tempeh & Veggie Breakfast Hash (PBWhole30)
For the Tempeh
- 250 grams Tempeh
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 0.5 tsp Garlic Powder
- 0.5 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 0.5 tsp Ground Cumin, Primal Palate
- 0.5 tsp Salt
- 0.25 tsp Black Pepper, freshly ground
For the Hash
- 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil, or any cooking oil
- 3 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 whole Onion, chopped
- 2 cups Sweet Potato, approximately 1 large, cut into cubes
- 2 cups Bell Pepper, I used 1 yellow & 1 red, cut into cubes
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin, Primal Palate
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 whole Avocado, sliced, to serve
- 2 - 3 sprigs fresh Basil, for garnish
- 1 whole Lime, cut into wedges, to serve
- Crumble tempeh using your hands or roughly chop it using a knife.
- Add tempeh to a steamer basket and allow it to steam for 10 minutes. This helps in removing the astringent flavor and also helps in better absorption of flavor.
- To the steamed tempeh, add coconut aminos, garlic powder, smoked paprika, ground cumin, salt and pepper. Allow it to marinate for some time (the longer, the better).
- In a skillet, heat oil. When heated, add garlic, onion and allow it to soften for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Add bell peppers and cook uncovered for another 3-5 minutes.
- Then add tempeh and cook the hash until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Top with some avocado slices, lime wedges and fresh basil. Enjoy!
To make it your own, you can also add some green bell peppers, spinach or other leafy greens. Feel free to swap the sweet potatoes with white, yellow or red potatoes. Add any other veggies or beans that you enjoy in a hash.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week