Vietnamese Keto Fish Sauce Chicken Wings | Keto Cánh Gà Chiên Nước Mắm
- 3 lb Chicken Wings
- 1 Tbsp Mushroom Seasoning
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 - 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Fresh Black Peppercorns
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder, (optional)
- 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Onion, medium, chopped
- 3 sprig Green Onion (Scallion), chopped (3 stalks)
- 1-3 Thai Chili, sliced
- 1/4 cup Allulose, powder
- 3 Tbsp Fish Sauce, (Red Boat brand)
- 1 tsp Lime Juice, fresh
- 1-2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tbsp Water
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Season the chicken wings in a large mixing bowl by adding the mushroom seasoning, garlic powder, sea salt, ground black pepper, baking powder (if using), and avocado oil. Mix well to coat evenly and marinate for 20 mins.
- Pre-heat air fryer to 380F. Place a wire rack over a lined baking sheet and transfer the seasoned chicken wings onto the rack.
- Airfry for 25 minutes in the airfryer, flipping and rotating halfway through.
- While the wings are air frying, make the sauce. Use a mortar and pestle to crush the garlic and chilis to release its fresh flavours and oils.
- Using a wok, dissolve the powdered allulose on medium heat. Cook until the allulose starts to brown, and add in the water. Follow by fish sauce, lime juice and butter.
- Lower the heat and add the crushed garlic and chilis to the wok. Simmer the sauce until thickened, then turn off the heat. Leave the sauce in the wok.
- After 25 minutes of air-frying, turn up the heat to 400F and air-fry for another 5-10 minutes, rotating halfway through again.
- Add the chicken wings to the sauce and toss to coat evenly in the wok. Garnish with chopped green onions. Serve.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week