Whole30 Chicken Pad Thai
Pad Thai is such a delicious and flavorful dish that can even be enjoyed on your Whole30 journey! Just pick up your favorite veggie noodles and get cooking. Spaghetti squash would also be a wonderful option for the "noodle" base in this recipe.
For the Pad Thai
- 3 lb3 lb 3 lbChicken Breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 Tbsp3 Tbsp 3 TbspExtra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cups3 cups 3 cupsSweet Potato, spiralized into noodles (or other spiralized vegetable of choice)
- 11 1Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 11 1Carrots, large, chopped
- 22 2Eggs, scrambled
- 1/4 cup1/4 cup 1/4 cupRed Cabbage, chopped
- 1/4 cup1/4 cup 1/4 cupGreen Onion (Scallion), chopped
- 1/4 cup1/4 cup 1/4 cupRaw Cashews
- 1 tsp1 tsp 1 tspOnion Powder
For the Sauce
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a large skillet, add 2 tbsp olive oil and turn to medium high heat. Dredge chopped chicken in onion powder and sear for 2-3 minutes on each side, flipping several times until cooked through.
- Meanwhile in another skillet, add 1 tbsp olive oil and sweet potato noodles over low medium heat. Cook for about 10 minutes, flipping several times.
- While chicken cooks, make sauce. Add all sauce ingredients to a blender and blend. If a thicker sauce is desired, reduce amount of water.
- Once chicken is done, remove from pan and add chopped red pepper and eggs. Once eggs are scrambled, add red cabbage, carrots and green onion.
- Let simmer on low for 2-3 minutes. Then, add chicken back in along with half the almond butter sauce and the cashews.
- Once everything is coated in the sauce, remove to plates.
- To assemble: serve chicken mixture over noodles. Garnish with more green onion and cilantro, if desired.
This wonderful recipe was created by our friend Addison from @organicallyaddison on Instagram and www.organicallyaddison.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week