This Carne Asada recipe is probably my favorite way to enjoy steak! The flavors are so incredible and the steak just melts in your mouth! If you love Chipotle's Carne Asada bowl you can now make your own at home. The secret here is to let that meat marinate over night in this incredibly easy marinade! I grilled the meat but you can pan sear it as well.
- 2 lb2 lb 2 lbBeef Flank Steak
- 0.5 cup0.5 cup 0.5 cupRed Onion, diced
- 2 cloves2 cloves 2 clovesGarlic, peeled
- 1 Tbsp1 Tbsp 1 TbspPrimal Palate Adobo Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp1 Tbsp 1 TbspChili Powder
- 1 tsp1 tsp 1 tspCumin
- 1 tsp1 tsp 1 tspdried Oregano
- 1 tsp1 tsp 1 tspSalt, only if adobo unsalted
- 0.5 tsp0.5 tsp 0.5 tspBlack Pepper
- 2 Tbsp2 Tbsp 2 TbspAvocado Oil
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Combine all ingredients except steak in blender till smooth, adding water as needed to make it marinade consistency.
- Marinate steak overnight or at least 4 hours.
- Grill or cook steak till it reads 145 on thermometer in center thickest part for medium rare.
- Cover with foil and let rest 10 minutes.
- Cut into slices or bite size pieces for carne asada bowls.
For Carne asada bowls I used, lettuce, sautéd peppers and onions, salsa, guacamole and non dairy sour cream.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week