Raita is a yogurt-based side dish that is commonly served with spicy Indian meals as a side dish or as a drink. It is low in calories and provides a good balance of protein, carbohydrates, and healthy fats.
- 1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 whole Cucumber
- 0.5 whole Carrots
- 0.25 tsp Ground Cumin
- 0.25 tsp ground Coriander
- 0.25 tsp Salt
- 0.25 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 bunch Mint Leaves
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a medium bowl, whisk the yogurt (Dahi) until it is smooth.
- Add the grated cucumber and carrot to the bowl and mix well.
- Add the cumin powder, coriander powder, salt, and black pepper to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the chopped fresh mint leaves to the bowl and mix well.
- Taste the raita and adjust the seasoning as necessary.
- Chill the raita in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
This dish is zone diet friendly
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.