Jalapeño Encrusted Cod With Lime Beurre Blanc Sauce (GF/DF/Soy Free)
This is a play on a popular dish from @lazydaysislamorada. Our best friends have taken us over the years, and we fell in love with the food. This time around, due to celiac I had to skip this meal, but I knew I was going to give it my best shot at home! In my recreation, tender cod is covered in crispy jalapeño panko breading & fried to perfection. It is placed on top of a lime and coconut yogurt sauce, and topped with cheese, scallion, & tomato.
- 2 lb Cod, wild caught
- 3 Eggs
- 2 cups Gluten-free Panko, (I like the brand 4C)
- 2 Tbsp Jalapeno Flakes, or 2 jalapeños
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 cup Onion, finely chopped
- 2.5 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp Lime Zest
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk Yogurt, plain (I like Culina)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Create jalapeño flakes by placing two halves and seeded jalapeños in the oven at 200 for 1 hour. Remove and finely chop.
- Separate fish loins and flanks for even cooking.
- Beat eggs in a shallow dish.
- Add breadcrumbs and jalapeño flakes to dish.
- Alternate disposing each fish first in egg wash and then breadcrumbs (make sure it’s covered completely).
- Place in refrigerator to set before frying.
- Place oil, garlic, and onion in a pan and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Deglaze pan with 2 tbsp water.
- Add lime zest and yogurt.
- Cook for 1 minute and add salt.
- Remove from heat and place in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Fry fish on medium high heat using olive or avocado oil. Loins 5 minutes per side and flanks 3 minutes per side (or until golden brown on both sides).
- Layer fish on a large tray.
- Evenly pour sauce over fish.
- Top with cheese, tomato, and scallion and pineapple if desired.
Plating for a Large Group
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week