Lemon Garlic Grilled Chicken
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add chicken thighs to a zip-top bag, then pour in marinade. Close and then massage marinade into chicken so it's evenly coated.
- Allow to marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes, or up to 4 hours. Do not exceed 4 hours because the lemon juice could cause the chicken to become mealy!
- Traeger Grill instructions: Preheat to 225˚F. Place chicken thighs skin side-down, brush with some excess marinade, and cook for 1 hour. Then increase the temperature to 425˚F and continue cooking skin side-down (on the hottest part of the grill) for about 15 minutes or until the skin is evenly browned, then flip and cook for another 5-10 minutes before removing from grill. Rest uncovered for 10 minutes, then serve!
- Oven instructions: Preheat oven to 375˚F. Place chicken thighs skin side-up onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for about 45 minutes, or until skin is crispy and browned and chicken reaches internal temp of 165˚F. Remove from oven and rest uncovered for 10 minutes before serving.
- Air Fryer instructions: Preheat air fryer to 400F and cook skin side-up for 20-25 minutes, or until skin is crispy and browned and chicken reaches internal temp of 165˚F. Remove from oven and rest uncovered for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with some creamy mint basil pesto, if desired!
For a non-Traeger grill, I would recommend cooking skin-side down in low, indirect heat for 1 hour, then turning up the heat and cooking in the hottest part of the grill skin-side down for 15 minutes or so, then flipping and cooking for another 5-10 minutes. In all methods, be sure to check your chicken with a meat thermometer to ensure it reaches an internal temperature of 165˚F!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week