Open-Faced Spicy Tuna Melt on Sweet Potato Toast
When it comes to lunch, I’m all about quick and easy meals with minimal ingredients and cleanup. Bonus points if it’s preppable, and I can just warm it up the next day. So that’s where this open-faced tuna melt comes in. It’s made with pantry staples and veggies you may already have on hand, it comes together in under 20 minutes, and it’s easily made in advance to just heat up the next day. Doesn’t get much better than that!
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Cook your sweet potato toasts - I like to pop mine into the toaster on high for 2-3 rounds, but you can also bake them until softened.
- In a bowl, mix together the tuna, mayo, sriracha, red onion, celery, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper as desired.
- Spread the tuna mixture over the pieces of sweet potato “toast” on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the cheddar over the tuna.
- Broil the toasts for 3-5 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with your favorite veggies or sides, and enjoy!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Ingredients include paid links.
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week