Braised Chickpea Stew
- 1/2 lb Mild Italian Sausage, (see notes)
- 1 cup Chickpeas
- 2/3 cup Bell Pepper, diced (see notes)
- 2/3 cup Onion, diced (see notes)
- 2/3 cup Carrots, diced (see notes)
- 8.5 oz Mediterranean Inspired Flavor Starter Sauce, 1 bottle (or Creole, Latin, or Moroccan Starter Sauce)
- 1 cup free range Chicken Broth, (or your favorite broth, see notes))
- 14.5 oz Diced Tomatoes, 1 can (optional)
- Salt, to taste/health needs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine ingredients in an oven-safe pot.
- Cover and oven-braise for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- If you’d like the top of your ingredients to brown, remove the lid during the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- Remove from the oven and rest with the lid on for 10 minutes before serving.
Adjust the protein ratio according to preference or what you have available. // Feel free to replace with any veggies you have on hand or prefer! // You can use your favorite broth, or wine, or combination of the two (Use 2 cups if you prefer more sauce)
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week